Holy Trinity Parish Church is part of the Church of England in the Diocese of
Gloucester. The church exists to serve people of the Parish of Longlevens in
the north of the City of Gloucester. We are a suburban parish lying between the
inner and outer ring roads of the City and the parish extends over most of two
City Council Wards, Longlevens and Elmbridge. We stand as a witness in
Longlevens to the love of God and the truth of the Gospel of his Son, our Lord
Jesus Christ. The doors of the church are open to all. Here, we are sustained
by God’s love and nourished by his sacramental presence. Here, we are
renewed in faith and trust.
God’s love for us is far more generous than anything we can imagine. At Holy Trinity we do our very best to try and reflect God’s love in meeting pastoral need not only of members of the congregation, but also those members of the community who look to us in times of need.
All are welcome to visit us and share in our worship and other activities.
Daily prayer underpins all that we do as a Church and you are welcome
to join us at these services. Please refer to the pewsheet for details.
The present Holy Trinity Church is the third building to serve the community of Longlevens. Originally a mission from Barnwood Church, the first structure was a stone-built hall in what is now The Avenue which opened in 1873. This was replaced in 1898 by a larger prefabricated building on Church Road, for many years known as “the Tin Tabernacle”. By the late 1920s Longlevens was developing as a suburb of the City of Gloucester and, with a growing population and distinct community identity, a new parish was created in 1934, to be known as “Wotton St. Mary Without.” “Wotton St Mary” reflects the historical and geographical links with the Wotton area of Gloucester and the parish of St Mary de Lode to which the area belonged, “Without” meaning that it was outside the City boundary at that time…….read on